Hosting a gathering and looking for an easy and delicious appetizer? Prairie Fruits Farm has you covered. This platter features our farmstead & artisan cheeses, and lots of locally sourced or farm-crafted accompaniments. Hearty baguette bread from Chicago's Publican Quality Bread and crackers from Potters Crackers are the vehicles for building the perfect bites to whet your guests' appetites.
We have two sizes--the large (16") platter that should feed at least 12-14 guests (as an appetizer) and the medium (12") platter that should feeds 6-8 guests.
Each platter contains:
- A festive chevre ball (changes seasonally)
- 1-2 rounds of our mini-brie "Angel Food"and/or little bloom on the prairie camembert style
- Hard, raw milk tomme-style cheese
- heaping pile of "Everton" a hard raw-cow milk cheese from Jacobs & Brichford (think sharp cheddar x parmesan)
- 1 demi-baguette from Publican Quality Bread
- Crackers from Potters Crackers
- 2 oz. jar of jam
- 2 oz. jar of house-made chutney or similar accompaniment
- candied pecans from Voss Pecan Orchard
- House made pickles
- 2-4 oz. summer sausage from Underground Meats, Madison, WI (2 oz. for the med. board; 4 oz. for the large board)
Please give us at least 48 hours notice (preferably 4-5 days) before you want to pick up your platter. When you place the order, specify your pick up day and we can arrange a time for pick up via email. FOR farm pick up ONLY.